Friday, March 11, 2011

totally fascinated...it must be right

I sometimes wonder why I am so interested in nursing.  Where did that come from?  I believe deeply in God's plan and can only imagine it comes from that special plan for me.  The other day I was able to do chest compressions on a patient that unfortunately did not make it.  I (surprisingly) was able to disconnect completely from the emotional aspects of a lost life and was able to focus (with much fascination) on the medical aspects of death-the signs of death...foggy eyes, settling blood.  I am truly fascinated.  With my first application in and my second soon to be turned in, clinicals are right around the corner and I am on cloud 9.  I told my husband that I will seriously go into a deep depression and cry for days weeks months if I am not accepted to one of the programs. I pray before each and every test.  I ask God to be with me as I take the test and say, "God, if you want me to be a nurse, help me during this exam.  Clear my mind.  Help me find the right answers."  I thank Him when I have been successful.  Thus far, I have been very successful.  Thank you, God!  I am a little anxious to find out how I did on my AP midterm, but what is...is.  I had my exam Saturday morning.  This was after entertaining my family in an after-funeral party for my dear great-uncle Friday night.  We had a great time catching up and I was tired and hungover for the exam.  Not the best shape...to say the least.  Hoping for the best.

1 comment:

Liene said...

Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and good results on your exam.

As for the nursing thing...I remember when you were probably 12 or 13, maybe 14 and you said you wanted to go to medical school and become a Gerontologist. I remember your mom saying, "Yeah, so she can take care of me, her father, and all her aunts & uncles when we're old!" So it's not surprising that you are interested in nursing. In a lot of ways, nurses do far more than doctors as far as patient care is concerned.

I am deeply sad that I was unable to make it to Uncle A's funeral. I was in town when he died. We were actually getting ready to head out the door to visit him when your dad called with the news. I'm still in shock that he's not with us.