Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Is it to be or not to be...

The ASN program campuses have started to send out their letters...

Now starts the nervous/excited walks to the mailbox daily.  Today, nothing.  Tomorrow...we'll see!
I finished Advanced Physiology and Microbiology with the A's I needed for the ABSN program, so I feel pretty confident about my chances.  It is amazing how competitive it is!  I have just over a 3.9 and it isn't even a sure thing.

I started summer school and I am actually thinking it isn't going to be as bad as I thought.  I have a 6 weeks Statistics of Business and Economics class that I thought was going to be horrible, but so far so good.  I have had one test already and did just fine.  It takes some time for the concepts and all the symbols to sink in, but once they do, it really is pretty easy.  I hope it stays that way!

The Lifespan Development class I am taking seems really easy.  There is a lot of busy work, but none of it is too bad.  This week, for example, I have 3 quizzes, 3 forum posts, a web activity, a writing assignment, a syllabus quiz, and an exam.  Even with all this...it isn't too bad.

I spent today looking around at some more daycare centers for my son for the fall.  One I went to didn't seem too bad and the other smelled like pee (crossed that one off!).  I am so lucky that he is so excited about going to school...he is practically begging me to take him.  When we are visiting these places, he wants to stay and never leave and tells me he loves it soooo much.  I am glad.

The other thing I have been working on is speaking Italian with him.  I am not sure when I stopped.  When he was a baby, I only spoke Italian and then somewhere along the line, I stopped.  Now that he is talking, he is speaking only English.  He understands Italian and responds appropriately in English....but anyway.  I felt pretty guilty that I let that happen.  He is with me 99% of the time, so I can't rely on my husband to teach him.  So, I have been speaking Italian as close to 100% of the time as I can and amazingly, in a few days, he is already saying more words.  He should pick it up just fine as long as I am diligent.

No comments: