Monday, May 30, 2011

Just tired

Some days, no matter how much I try, I can't get energized.  I'm tired.


My husband is working a killer 7 days a week...only 2 more weeks (I HOPE!) which means there is no real down time to relax for either of us.  Managing the house, my son, school is on me and it is never ending.  S is working so hard, so I can't nag at him that I need a break, because he needs a break too!  I can't wait for his current weekend project to be done so that I can have him around the house to relax some...even just to watch a movie or something.  N can sense that we are stressed and I feel bad about that.  He is only 3...but is it too much to as a 3 year old to play independently for just a few minutes while I try to get my Statistics homework done?  It probably is...I am his playmate after all...a bad one at that.  I did pick up some water colors last week and we have been having a good time doing that.  It is fun for him and a stress reliever for me. 

Taking 2 classes right now is killer too...no one should ever sign up for a 6 week Statistics class...the things I do for an online option so that I don't have to find child care...only 3 more weeks...yes just 3.  GOOD.  Saturday night I took my first Psych exam.  It was 52 questions and we had 50 minutes.  I was not prepared...I had lazily skimmed the chapters to complete the discussions, quizzes and papers and thought...it will be fine.  Well...it was a lot harder than I thought and I was having to look up a lot of stuff...ok...every question.  So...less than one minute a question.  Needless to say, I ran out of time and didn't finish some of the questions.  I had about 7 questions left and N started crying in his bed.  I tried to ignore it for about 2-3 minutes thinking he would fall back asleep.  But the cries got louder, and exam or not, I had to go and comfort him.  My "sshhh, sshhh.  Go back to sleep.  You're ok."  was not good enough.  I gave him a kiss on the forehead and he was on fire...FEVER!  Perfect timing!  Where is his dad??? Oh, yeah...working.  So, I picked him up, brought him out to the couch with me and tried to finish my exam...TIME OVER.  Oooops. 

No comments: