Saturday, November 20, 2010

I see the light!

...at the end of the tunnel.  The next step of this journey is almost over.  I have about 3 weeks of classes left and then I can officially say that my prereqs will be done for one of the programs I am applying to.  I am still holding on to A's with final papers and final exams yet to come.  I have started studying for the TEAS test, which is the an assessment of basic academic skills.  It basically covers Reading, Spelling, Math, Vocab and Science.  It shouldn't be too bad...the hard sections for me are actually spelling and vocab...which in my opinion, are really hard to study for.  I plan on taking the test in January, right after the holidays.

I found a great stethoscope on craigslist!  I got a Littman SE II.  Normally, they cost about $80, and I got a brand new one, in the box, for $30.  My 3 year old keeps asking me to "Play Doctor!"  It is a lot of fun.  He listens to my heart and his own heart and then we switch.

This week is the dissection of the reproductive system for our fetal pigs...is it a boy or a girl??  Then it will be time to dispose of that sweet ham...do you just throw it away...bury it?  hmmmm....I have really loved this anatomy class.  I have learned so much and I am actually looking forward to Advanced Physiology where I know the systems and how they function will become even more clear. 

I went to my volunteering orientation at the hospital.  I learned all about HIPPA.  I am NOT TO BLOG about my experience as an ER volunteer or anything that I see...sorry!  It is all about patient privacy, even when you don't name names.  I have learned it is a very serious offense if you violate HIPPA and it is definitely something that you don't want on your record.  My lips will be sealed. 

No comments: