Wednesday, December 8, 2010

MRI Birth-Very COOL!

MRI Birth
I was diagnosed with cephalopelvic disproportion (CPD) during the birth of my son and ended up having a C-section.  This article covers new MRI births where doctors are able to see more clearly the movement of the baby during delivery.  SO VERY COOL!  I do wonder about possible side effects of the magnetic resonance imaging (radio waves, magnets) on the baby.  I am not sure if it could be harmful or not.  My CPD was not clearly understood.  I was in labor for 36 hours and failed to completely dilate which lead to the C-section.  This type of technology could have given my doctors a clearer view on what was going on.  Way to go, Germany!

2 comments:

Liene said...

I didn't realize you had a c-section with Nicky. So will you have more children or no because of the CPD?

RN2BE said...

yes, a c-section. More kids?? I don't know?!?! 31 and counting...still lots of time, right? If it happened, I would just have another c-section...no biggie.