Thursday, December 30, 2010

TEAS V recap

This morning at about 11:30am, I left the testing site famished and with a killer migraine...but...I had completed the infamous TEAS V test.  The lowest acceptance score last fall for the program I want to get into was an 88 and I....


drum roll....

got a 90.3.  :)  I am happy...yes...very happy.  90 was the lowest I wanted to get and I just made it.  So, now all that is left to do is fill out the application and wait.  Applications are due in April and I will know if I made it in in the beginning of June.

I stalk the allnurses.com website for other people's scores to see if mine will be good enough, and not too many people have taken the test yet.  If I start reading that everyone is in the higher 90s, I will take it again (I have one more chance).  Who am I kidding...I will probably take it again just for peace of mind that I have done everything that I could have possibly done to increase my chances for admission.  Maybe...I don't know.

For those of you waiting to take the test, all I can say is USE THE STUDY GUIDES!
I used the ATI one and the McGraw-Hill one.  I would say that I spent about 20-25 hours studying for it.  The areas where I scored the highest were the math section and the English and language (grammar/punctuation).  My lowest were reading and science.  The hardest for me was Scientific Reasoning where I scored a 62.5% and Informational Source Comprehension where I got an 82.6%. 

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will do my best to help!!!



I am just happy to have it done (for now).  It is going to be New Years Eve in 24 hours and I am looking forward to relaxing with my husband, son, great friends and some champagne.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  Hopefully 2011 will be full of wishes and dreams fulfilled for each of us.
See you next year...

Cheers,
Anna

No comments: