Friday, January 21, 2011

Sick kid...need to study

UPDATE:  Sick kid wins.  I thought we were good to go Wednesday, and we were Wednesday and Thursday and then today arrived.  I have spent today rubbing backs, holding puke buckets, and cleaning up diarrhea.  Every little thing that he drank or ate immediately came right back up.  Poor guy kept saying, "I'm so sorry, Mamma," while he was throwing up.  Then he would say, "I'm ok! I'll sleep now!"  I feel like I am covered in germs; I have washed my hands raw in the hopes of staying well.

It is ironic that I am studying my microbiology these days and learning about viruses and bacteria.  It is kind of neat to understand the biology behind illnesses that are so common.  Maybe I will just find the cure.  Wouldn't that be nice.  

He is safely tucked into bed.  It has been hours since I gave him anything to eat or drink, so he should be good until the morning.  I hope tomorrow is a better day...

No comments: