Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Spoiled Milk or Stomach Bug

Two magical days after every family event (Birthday, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter), my son gets sick.  I can count on it like clockwork.  He doesn't attend daycare or school right now, so I know that he hasn't been exposed much, so he always gets sick.  This past Sunday, he and my husband went to the birthday party of 2 of our nephews while I was at school and today, diarrhea.  He went to bed at about 4:30pm this evening...about 15 minutes before I was supposed to drop him off at a friend's house so that I could go to school for a nursing admissions meeting.  I am not sure if he is sick because of something he picked up at the party or if it is because he drank spoiled milk this morning (my fault...way to go, Mom)  Yesterday afternoon, I gave him a cup of milk; he had a sip and then left it on the table.  I didn't notice until this morning that the glass was still sitting there and almost empty, and I knew he didn't drink it all yesterday.  I asked if he drank it this morning and he said, "Yes."  No vomiting (yet...aghhhh), but sleepy and diarrhea.  Yay! 

Missing the admissions meeting isn't too big of a deal, I don't think.  I know all the information that they have posted on their website and have met all those criteria, but it would have been nice to sit and listen at the meeting to see if there is anything that I have missed or any information that is not posted on their website.  I made a post on the school's forum asking others that are attending to comment on it so I know what I missed...hopefully someone will be nice enough to do so.

I know that it is going to be hard to juggle school and my son.  I wish I didn't have to do it!  It would be so great if I had a live in nanny that could do all the cooking, cleaning and watching him while I study and attend classes...oh, I guess I need a wife!  My husband works nights and I am not sure how this whole scheduling thing is going to work out.  I did hear some good news from one of my friends that her sister may be interested in watching my son this fall since she is going to be home with a newborn and had to take time off work.  It would be great to know that he is at someone's house.  All the daycare centers around here close at 6 or 6:30 and I have been reading that clinicals are many times 7-7...how in the world could I pull off that schedule???  I worry about it and keep praying and looking for options. 

Hoping it is spoiled milk and he feels better in the morning...until then, fingers crossed for clean sheets.

UPDATE!!  Upset tummy and fever are gone this morning.  Apparently, spoiled milk can make you feel really crummy...poor little guy!    Looks like we are free and clear of passing anything around.   I dumped the gallon just to be sure...not worth the risk.

No comments: