Thursday, August 26, 2010

Governor can cure sick nursing school system by signing bill - Bee Editorials - Modbee.com

Governor can cure sick nursing school system by signing bill - Bee Editorials - Modbee.com

I don't live in California. I have read this article and fail to see how it is going to "cure" the nursing school system. Just by offering a doctorate in nursing, what does that accomplish? Schools have to be willing to invest in more faculty and more space for the nursing programs.

I am really interested in nursing education. I love to teach and this is one of the areas of nursing that I am going to look into. Working for a university or community college would be good, or I would like to work within the hospital system in a teaching/training/implementation role of new standards and policies. In the hospital setting, my teaching would touch the patients immediately. I am also really interested in doing nursing research...how policies are working. Are they providing the most benefit to patients while at the same time cost effective for the hospitals. I LOVE school and to be able to be in school forever and then teach would be the ultimate for me.

No comments: